Home School Link Worker
My name is Nancy Sproston, and I am the Home School Link Worker here at Furzefield.
The role of the Home School Link Worker is to:
- Support parents, families and pupils on a wide range of issues.
- Help children and families to increase school attendance and punctuality.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships between the home and school and act as a link between home and school.
How can I help you?
My role is tailored to support the needs of your family and your circumstances; I can help in many ways including:
- Enabling parents and children to discuss concerns or worries in a safe and secure environment.
- Supporting families reacting to change such as parental separation or bereavement.
- Assisting parents / carers whose children are reluctant to attend school or have been excluded.
- Helping parents / carers who may need support on a wide range of issues or difficulties impacting on their family life eg illness, domestic abuse, disability or financial difficulties.
- Offering parenting guidance and support and courses.
- Helping families and children to access services, resources and local community information.
- Offering support in school meetings.
- Liaising with outside agencies (school nurse, CAHMS, health visitors, GPs) and signpost parents.
- Help to fill out forms such as: Free School meals, Education Maintained Allowance (EMA), Disability Living Allowance (DLA).
- Organising opportunities to meet other parents, such a coffee mornings and workshops
Please do contact me to see if I can help. I am happy to meet at home or school, chat over the phone or meet for a coffee.
Phone: 01737 642842