School Values Relaunch
With the arrival of our new headteacher, Mr Govinden, the school is undertaking an exciting new project to relaunch our school values. We have already begun a consultation with our pupils, parents / carers, staff and Governors to find five key words that represent and reflect our most important values and beliefs. We have already held a whole-school assembly to help pupils begin thinking about this important change and have also met with school council to get their input on how we involve all pupils in this process. Teachers will also be building this into the PSHE curriculum going forward. If you have not already done so, please click here to have your say in how we define our new school values. You can read the letter from Mr Govinden here.
Watch this space for updates!
Our Vision & Aims
Here at Furzefield, our children develop their own self-worth in a climate of trust and happiness. Everyone is challenged to recognise and reach their full potential in order to become confident and valuable members of the local and global community.
- Make learning an enjoyable and valuable experience
- Promote positive, active partnerships with all members of our school community
- Provide equal opportunities for all children to develop their talents
- Encourage social, moral, spiritual and cultural development preparing pupils to be sensitive and caring citizens
- Celebrate diversity, acknowledging and learning from different cultures and heritage, both within and beyond the school community
Learning for Life
We expect the best from all our pupils and ourselves. By providing a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum for all our children, we are able to recognise and develop individual talents and interests, instilling a love of learning that our children will enjoy throughout their lives.
Learning is fun and interactive and children are well supported to reach their personal targets. Our school is well equipped with the latest technology, interactive whiteboards, large playing fields, wildlife garden, pond, outdoor classroom, library and music room. The key skills we teach encourage children to become lifelong learners and caring, sensitive citizens of the future.