We want to reassure our families that the school is following the advice of Public Health England (PHE), Department for Education (DfE) and the Local Authority to ensure the health of our whole community, including pupils and staff.
For now it continues to be business as usual, and it’s important that we all do our best to ensure that our children’s education is disrupted as little as possible. As always, everyone should continue to promote good hand and respiratory hygiene:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport.
- Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze, then bin the tissue and wash your hands (or use a sanitiser gel).
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Please check the online advice for the latest and most up-to-date information https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
and the PHE blog for further information https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/01/23/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-what-you-need-to-know/